Re: [John Muir Trail] Where to park in Mammoth

  • thomas taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2007
      You can park your car in the hikers parking lot
      located in Mammoth at the end of the road (right where
      you would catch the shuttle to Reds). You leave the
      keys with the desk clerk who puts them in a safe and
      pick them back-up upon return. There is , or at least
      was, a flat $5.00 charge. Not a bad deal and it
      eliminates the worry about finding your car torn apart
      by bears upon return. Also, for $5.00 you can take a
      shower at the Inn.

      Thomas