Re: Yosemite JMT reservations

  • Patronio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
      That stretch from Tuolumne Meadows to Reds Meadows through Donohue Pass and
      Banner Peak is delightful. A wonderful highlight of the JMT.
      Julio

    • Frank Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Strine" <hundyff@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am waiting to put in a reservation for permit to hike the JMT
        > from Yosemite to Reds Meadow. I wish I could complete the entire trail
        > but I cannot get enough time off from work.
        > I currently have to wait until March I think, before I can put in for
        > days in September.
        > I have looked all over the internet and I cannot find Trail Quota's for
        > the trails starting in Yosemite. I did find the Quota's for entering
        > on the Reds Meadow side through Inyo National Forest, but I cannot find
        > any for Yosemite. Does anyone know what the daily entry Quota's are if
        > you enter through Yosemite?
        > How soon can I call to try to get dates in September?

        > Thank you.
        >
        > Jay Strine

        The easiest thing is to just give them a call and ask.

        Here is the link to the 'trail quotos ' reserved so far.

        http://www.nps.gov/archive/yose/rptFullTrailheadDates.htm

        This is the main link to the page

        http://www.nps.gov/archive/yose/wilderness/permits.htm

        50% of the trail permits are issued on a "WALK IN" basis. The are
        made available at about 12:00PM the previous day.

        The most difficult walk in permit is from the Valley to TM as that is
        a popular route. If you are lite and fast it can be done as a
        'dayhike' in which case you start early and hike to TM and spend the
        night at the Backpacker's Campground there.

        It looks at this point they are only taking reservations till July but
        just call and find out.

        frank