GPS on JMT

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      I agree with Jamie that a GPS is unnecessary on the JMT. Most of the
      time a map and compass aren't even needed, though I would bring both.
      The tread is pretty obvious and the signs are pretty explanatory. After
      reading Jamie's John Muir quote, I can't help but think we might be
      missing the point when we attempt to bring all of the toys into the
      wilderness.