New to Group ( intro )

  • Bryan Couch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hello to all
      I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is
      Bryan and I have been wandering the sierras since about 1978 when I
      did my first week trip into the backcountry as a Boy Scout doing the
      rea lakes loop.
      I have also done
      South Lake to Taboose Creek
      Little lakes to reds
      Reds to Tuolumne
      North Lake to Darwin Canyon by way of Lamark Col
      Cider Grove to Lake South America by way of Forster Pass and
      Harrison pass
      Some of my climbs are
      Mt Whitney – Mountaineers Route
      Mt Shasta
      Mt Lyell
      Mt Ritter
      White Mountain
      Boundary Peak
      Mt Star
      Pyramid Peak
      Mt Agassiz
      Mt Lessen
      I am looking forward to getting back into long-range packing again
      after climbing for about 10 years.
      Need to catch up on the newest stuff. I use to pack with 60 + pounds
      and its time to lighten the load.
      In 09 my son and I are going to do the JMT from Tuolumne to the
      portal in Aug at about 28 days
      So I am jut starting to get ready.
      Thanks
      Bryan