Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Seeking High Sierra Trip Reccomendation

  • Jamie F. Dahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
      I do believe the HST starts in Crescent Meadow on the Western End of Sequoia.

      The one thing I have heard/seen in topos is the trail is really only about 80 miles long. I 've read/heard some people will leave the main trail on other side trails, and bring them back around in order to make it a longer trail. But I think if you just walk the designated HST, it's maybe a 1-2 week run..

      shoot, according to wikipedia, it's even shorter..

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Sierra_Trail
      good luck

      Jamie Dahl

      "Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life." --John Muir