Re:Seeking High Sierra Trip ReCcomendation

  • Strine Jay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2007
      Yes there is a trail that goes from Tahoe to Yosemite.
      I read about it. I am goint to do half of the JMT
      this year. I wish I had the time to do the whole
      thing. Maybe next year.
      Here are two links regarding the Tahoe to Yosemite
      Trail. Good luck. Let us know where you decide to
      go. If you do choose the Tahoe to Yosemite trail,
      please let me know how it was.
      Good luck

      Jay Strine

      Link #1 http://www.longtrails.com/tyt/

      Link #2 http://outhiking.com/ty%20index.html

      Link #3
      http://www.thebackpacker.com/trails/ca/trail_452.php

      http://www.longtrails.com/tyt/

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
    • Dan McGuire
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2007
        Another choice, besides the Tahoe to Yosemite trail, is to use the Pacific
        Crest Trail. You can pick it up coming out of Tuolumne Meadows and take it
        up to Echo Lake on the edge of Desolation Wilderness. It crosses Sonora
        Pass, Carson Pass and Ebbets Pass as possible resupply points (involving
        either a hitchhike or a resupply person bringing you goods). It runs in
        conjunction with the Tahoe to Yosemite trail in places.

        Enjoy!

        Scooter
        PCT '02
        JMT '05
        CT '06

        _____

        Yes there is a trail that goes from Tahoe to Yosemite.
        I read about it. I am goint to do half of the JMT
        this year. I wish I had the time to do the whole
        thing. Maybe next year.
        Here are two links regarding the Tahoe to Yosemite
        Trail. Good luck. Let us know where you decide to
        go. If you do choose the Tahoe to Yosemite trail,
        please let me know how it was.
        Good luck

        Jay Strine

        Link #1 http://www.longtrai <http://www.longtrails.com/tyt/> ls.com/tyt/