Re: [John Muir Trail] Seeking High Sierra Trip Reccomendation

  • Jamie F. Dahl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2007
      Is'nt there also a trail that runs from Yosemite to Tahoe? I cannot remember what it's called, but I think that one takes about 2-4 weeks depending on hiking speed.

      I remember seeing a PBS special on the trail some years ago, some guy took his family on the trail (two teenage children and wife). They did'nt look too outdoorsy, so it cannot be that difficult of a trail.

      Jamie Dahl

      "Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life." --John Muir