Re: [John Muir Trail] (unknown)

  • Karpani
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2011
      Thank you.  Well-said, Christi.

      --- On Wed, 3/30/11, Christi <christimcginley@...> wrote:

      From: Christi <christimcginley@...>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] (unknown)
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 8:40 AM

      Well, for my two cents, it is OUR wilderness and I think we all have a responsibility to work together to keep it as healthy and pristine as if we were never there.  If that means I have to put my TP in a bag and carry it out for the good of everyone, I'll do that.  Just because I am part "owner" of the land as a citizen of this country doesn't give me carte blanche (yup, that's French) to do whatever I want to do and disregard well reasoned rules that may be a minor burden to me.  It's a small price to pay for the privilege of preserving and using the land.

      Not sure the dig at Greenpeace is necessary.

      Christi

      On 3/30/11 8:30 AM, richard long wrote:

      I bury the toilet paper just like I have done for the last 35 years.  **** the regulations. If you comply with every reg, they will just keep piling on more of them. What are they going to do? question you about your bathroom habits, and ask to see your poop bag? What's next? Checking you to see make sure you have paid your Greenpeace dues before you enter their wilderness?

      Richard Long

      --
      Christi