Re: [John Muir Trail] Lone Pine, weekend public transport

  • Jim W
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 8:33 AM
      I think your best bet is to hit up other JMT hikers for a ride home.  In 2008 I finished on a Sunday and had a bunch of offers for rides to the Bay Area.  Unfortunately I was going to LA!  Luckily though a deal came through while I was having dinner in Lone Pine from a pair of Whitney hikers.

      Since you have an extra day plus, I suggest talking to people at Guitar Lake and Whitney Summit.  If that fails, then make a sign and hang out at the Portal Store.

      Jim

      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      MtWhitneyShuttle.com and hitchhiking are the two weekend ways to get out of Lone Pine.  RidgeCrest, CA (south of Lone Pine) has a car rental service that supports one way car rentals.

      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM, mountain_minerals <mbrown4444@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      If the ESTA bus only runs M-F then does that mean there is no public transport out of Lone Pine on a weekend?

      Similar to the earlier poster I am planning to get into LP on a Friday PM and had thought to head out on a bus the following morning (I need to be back in SF to make a flight on the Monday).

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)