Re: [John Muir Trail] Weather at Mt Whitney

  • pengland@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2006
      Hi Jay - I have been up Whitney twice in mid October. Although there is always a small chance of snow, the weather is usually clear and stable. But it is definitely cold. You can expect nighttime temps in the low to mid-teens with 50s during the day. If it is windy, lower these temps significantly. Go prepared for cold and the small possibility of snow.

      Have a great time!
      paul