RE: [John Muir Trail] JMT Shuttle's

  • Lesley Fulton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      hi jay- i just did that trek last month (and i absolutley loved it - great sights!!), but for transportation this is what i did:i left my car at mammoth Inn; they took my keys at the front desk, and told me I could park in their employee parking lot at no charge. the good thing is - the yart picks up right there at the inn!! it cost 15$ (which includes your yosemite park entrance)- to get out of devil's postpile - i took the shuttle bus they provide (of course after hitting the hot spring showers in Red's Meadow!). Becareful here, depending on what bus driver you get, you might have to pay the 7$ for the shuttle bus (I've had to pay once, and then other times i didn't have too - but i always had the cash ready just incase). The shuttle bus drops you off right at Mammoth inn - so you are right back where your car is.-LFTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.comFrom: hundyff@...: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 01:31:28 +0000Subject: [John Muir Trail] JMT Shuttle's

      Hi, Does anyone have any information or links regarding shuttle's from
      Mammouth to Yosimite and to Mt. Whitney. Any information would be
      appreiciated. I am planning to hike Yosimite to Devil's Postpile via
      the JMT next year. I am working up to do the entire JMT in about 3
      years. Other than getting permission from my spouse (which I have)
      the only obsticle has been logistics or Transportion from one end to
      the other.
      Thank you
      Jay Strine