JMT Shuttle's

  • Jay Strine
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2006
      Hi, Does anyone have any information or links regarding shuttle's from
      Mammouth to Yosimite and to Mt. Whitney. Any information would be
      appreiciated. I am planning to hike Yosimite to Devil's Postpile via
      the JMT next year. I am working up to do the entire JMT in about 3
      years. Other than getting permission from my spouse (which I have)
      the only obsticle has been logistics or Transportion from one end to
      the other.
      Thank you
      Jay Strine
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2006
        Hi Jay - check out the YARTS website for shuttle info:
        http://www.yarts.com/

        I used it last year - one bus per day leaves Mammoth for Yosemite and
        vice versa. It costs about $20 and the bus is really nice.
        paul

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Strine" <hundyff@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Does anyone have any information or links regarding shuttle's
        from
        > Mammouth to Yosimite and to Mt. Whitney. Any information would be
        > appreiciated. I am planning to hike Yosimite to Devil's Postpile
        via
        > the JMT next year. I am working up to do the entire JMT in about 3
        > years. Other than getting permission from my spouse (which I have)
        > the only obsticle has been logistics or Transportion from one end to
        > the other.
        > Thank you
        > Jay Strine

      • Frank Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2006
          There is a daily bus out of Lone Pine to Bishop.

          later in the day there is one from Bishop K Mart to Mammoth

          Yart shuttle is only once a day.

          http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/transit.htm

          It is not hard to hitch-hike that is what most people do.

          good luck