Re: Red's Meadow Shuttle to Mammoth

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 11:48 AM
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "tubirrb" <wandering_bob@...> wrote:

      > I asked Red's Mdw Pack Station about the shuttle that runs from there
      > to Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth Mountain Inn).
      >
      > I also asked about the campground at Reds Meadow - reservations, first-
      > come first served, backpackers' campsite availability.
      >
      > Here's their reply for your information.
      >
      > "The shuttle runs every day from 7:00am to about 8:15pm. The are
      > numerous stops along the way including the General Store. The
      > campgrounds are on a first come, first served basis."
      >

      > Wandering Bob

      Don't forget about the free hot showers adjacent to the campground.

    • onkelb0b
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
        > Don't forget about the free hot showers adjacent to the campground.

        And as my trail logs read, THAT'S the only thing that's FREE! It's
        $18 per night at the campground - even in the backpacker's sites!

        If you're willing to go off the normal route, the hike down to Fish
        Creek and to the hot tubs is a very nice diversion. You can join the
        JMT back on Silver Pass, or go over Goodale and down into VVR if
        that's where your re-supply is located.