Red's Meadow Shuttle to Mammoth

  • tubirrb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
      I asked Red's Mdw Pack Station about the shuttle that runs from there
      to Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth Mountain Inn).

      I also asked about the campground at Reds Meadow - reservations, first-
      come first served, backpackers' campsite availability.

      Here's their reply for your information.

      "The shuttle runs every day from 7:00am to about 8:15pm. The are
      numerous stops along the way including the General Store. The
      campgrounds are on a first come, first served basis."

      Wandering Bob
    • Frank Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "tubirrb" <wandering_bob@...> wrote:

        > I asked Red's Mdw Pack Station about the shuttle that runs from there
        > to Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (Mammoth Mountain Inn).
        >
        > I also asked about the campground at Reds Meadow - reservations, first-
        > come first served, backpackers' campsite availability.
        >
        > Here's their reply for your information.
        >
        > "The shuttle runs every day from 7:00am to about 8:15pm. The are
        > numerous stops along the way including the General Store. The
        > campgrounds are on a first come, first served basis."
        >

        > Wandering Bob

        Don't forget about the free hot showers adjacent to the campground.

      • onkelb0b
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14 8:22 PM
          > Don't forget about the free hot showers adjacent to the campground.

          And as my trail logs read, THAT'S the only thing that's FREE! It's
          $18 per night at the campground - even in the backpacker's sites!

          If you're willing to go off the normal route, the hike down to Fish
          Creek and to the hot tubs is a very nice diversion. You can join the
          JMT back on Silver Pass, or go over Goodale and down into VVR if
          that's where your re-supply is located.