Re: Permit Question

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 65 , Jul 7, 2006
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "kalbergotti" <kalbergotti@...>
      wrote:

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "kalbergotti" <kalbergotti@>
      > > wrote:

      > Thanks for the info! Does anyone know how many permits are available
      > for walk up?
      > Thanks,
      > Ken

      Usually 40-50%. Best to just give them a call and ask. If quota is
      full from TM you can enter at another trailhead.

    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 23, 2014
        I don't think that Yosemite can give out Sierra NF permits. Different agencies.
        I don't know if they ask for everyone's names and IDs. Just the trip leader/permit holder when you pick it up I think.

        On Aug 23, 2014, at 8:53 AM, "alyssarainbolt@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        My friend is meeting me at Muir Trail Ranch, but will be in the Valley with me when I'm starting the trail. Can she just pick up her permit with me, and skip getting her permit from Sierra National Forest?

        I know she wouldn't have a problem getting her permit when she's starting. Here is the reason I'm asking: I have another friend meeting me at Tuolumne and hiking until Red's Meadow. I'm trying to gauge how bad it would be if Amanda and I got a permit in the Valley, Amanda left and went home, I started hiking and met Sarah in Tuolumne and she hiked using Amanda's name. Then, when Amanda meets me at MTR, we're good to go.

        Is that bad?? Will I get in trouble if I start hiking with just one person on a two person permit? Will Sarah get away with using that permit instead of waiting an entire day at Tuolumne? She doesn't have time to come up the day before we start hiking. Would love any insight!! Thanks!