Re: Water Sources on Mt. Whitney?

  • John Randall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
      It's not on the map but at approximately switchback #40 above Trail
      Camp there's a gusher of the purest water I've ever tasted; right out
      of the mountain. I've come down the portal trail from the westside 7
      times over the last 20 years and it's been there every time; not just a
      trickle, but a fountain. There is no water source above it until the
      tarns at 12,000 feet on the other side. You might query either one of
      the Dougs at www.whitneyportalstore.com. They're the ones who own/run
      the store at the foot of the Whitney Portal Trail.

      john randall