Hiking Ideas

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2006
      I have a few ideas of my own but I would like to get a few more based
      on the Group's knowledge.

      I am taking my wife backpacking for 3-nights over the July 4th holiday.

      She usually does about 3 trips a year with me and I keep her
      packweight at about 21 lbs.

      She is a bit intimidated by heavy stream crossings.

      I definitely am staying away from Yosemite Valley and Glacier Point.

      Hetch Hetchy is one possibility but would rather hike out of Tioga
      Pass or even Ansel Adams Rush Creek. I don't want to go much further
      South.

      She has done the Pohono and Ten Lakes

      I am looking at Silver lake to Thousand Island Lakes. I don't have to
      make a 'perfect loop' but it would be nice to end up near the trailhead.

      thanks,

      frank