Re: [John Muir Trail] My Training/Practice hikes before JMT-->Mt. Whitney

  • Jim W
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2011
      On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM, nxs_310 <nxs.310@...> wrote:
      (Lists 5 mountains)>
      > I think this should put me where I need to be... and then some :)
      >
      > Troy

      Presuming you also do regular daily exercise, sure. I did JMT in 15
      days with no training other than walking sidewalks and stairs. My
      feet suffered though. I think trail time is important- especially
      with a pack since you aren't used to carrying a load. This is less
      fitness training than skill/balance training.

      Jim
      maybe JMT 2011