Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Permit Advice

  • Ed Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
      Yea, keep in mind that as long as you don't get the date you want just resubmit your application. If you submit diffident trail head and date in hope you get your permit for the JMT you will have to pay for each one that they grant you. Just wait until you get your permit before you start to make any travel arrangements.   You will think that during the week there will be less people that will go backpacking but that not always the case especially in YV.  Plan B you can always start in TM then go to HI climb Half Dome then stay at the backpacker campground in YV then catch the shuttle back to TM then get another permit for the rest of the JMT. Good Luck