Yea, keep in mind that as long as you don t get the date you want just resubmit your application. If you submit diffident trail head and date in hope you get
Message 1 of 5
, Mar 3, 2011
Yea, keep in mind that as long as you don't get the date you want just resubmit your application. If you submit diffident trail head and date in hope you get your permit for the JMT you will have to pay for each one that they grant you. Just wait until you get your permit before you start to make any travel arrangements. You will think that during the week there will be less people that will go backpacking but that not always the case especially in YV. Plan B you can always start in TM then go to HI climb
Half Dome then stay at the backpacker campground in YV then catch the shuttle back to TM then get another permit for the rest of the JMT. Good Luck
From: scoutboyim <scoutboyim@...> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 12:14:39 AM Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Permit Advice
--- In email@example.com, mtncanyon <no_reply@...> wrote:
> Hello. The day to get my permit is fast approaching and Im a bit nervous. ... mtncanyon
You just need to keep applying until you get a date. Submit your preferred 1,2,3 choices and hope you get what you want. This year I applied for 1) HI to WP, 2)TM to WP, 3) Sunrise to WP starting on Aug 1. We lost out three days and finally got a permit for TM to WP starting Aug 4. You can continue to apply hoping to get your preferred TH but you risk pushing your dates to something not wanted.
Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.