Resupply at TM on saturday?

  • nawlunz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 6:03 PM
      Can someone tell me the options of resupplying at TM if arriving on a Saturday? I wanted to mail supplies...but not sure if the post office or another venue was open to do this....Again, I would rather ship my food, then rely on purchasing food there.
    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 6:53 PM
        "Can someone tell me the options of resupplying at TM if arriving on a Saturday? I wanted to mail supplies...but not sure if the post office or another venue was open to do this....Again, I would rather ship my food, then rely on purchasing food there."

        You'll be fine . . . this topic is one that's often covered and just to nip it, the post office in TM has pretty much the same hours as the store, sort of. The PO closes about 4 or 5 p.m. on saturday and the "post-person" (usually a guy named, Mike) takes a lunch from about noon to one.

        I often wonder what people think when they imagine the post office at TM . . . it's not the grand and musty affair that you find down in the valley, but really just a small window nestled between the store and the burger joint.

        There's no tired monkey behind the counter, or long lines, and there's often a chance that if you show up at an off time, like lunch, or even when the PO is closed, that if you are nice and business is slow in the store, someone might just go in and grab your package for you. AND I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE!

        Just make sure to ship your food well in advance of your arrival and post your assumed arrival date on the box––it doesn't have to be definite and you don't need to sweat it if you are a day early or a few days late––your drop will no doubt sit there for a few weeks.

        BOB

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 7:34 PM
          A word of advice, put a unique color icon, mark or stripe (not straight) but unique and something you can describe and the person hearing the description will immediately understand, on the box, so that you can inform the clerk, "my box is the one with a neon orange belt wrapped around the middle of the box".  The mail clerk turned around immediately saw the box, verified the label with my ID (I can't remember completely), gave me the box (maybe I had to sign something, I forget), and I was on my way.  The mail clerk thanked me for making his job of looking for the box so easy.

          On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM, robert shattuck <bobolonius@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Barbara Karagosian
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 10:19 PM

            And it’s the only post office in the US with a disco ball!