Wilderness First Aid Class in Palo Alto in April

  • manfred_kopisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011

      For a long time I have thought that I should get trained in Wilderness First Aid. I'm going with my children on on the JMT and it is just common sense to get the training.

      This summer I'm taking a crew to Philmont and therefore I finally have to take the class.

      This Wilderness First Aid class is organized by the Boy Scouts and run by Foster Calm

      Reply to me if you are interested to participate.

      WHEN? on April 2 and 3, 2011, (a Saturday and Sunday), 8am-4pm.
      WHAT? This covers: First Aid 1 & 2 requirements for GS leaders;
      ASHI certification for BSA (required for Philmont). You can also get your CPR certification class which would be held after the WFA class on Saturday (from ~6-9) which would make for a long day but you get it done without an additional training day needed.
      HOW MUCH? The cost for WFA is $100 per person with a $20 ASHI certification fee (if you're a Scout leader going on activities with kids, you'll want this card to confirm your training!) You can also pay an extra $25 for a CPR certification if you want to get it done Saturday night.
      WHERE? Palo Alto. The course will be held at the Lucille Stern Center Scout Conference Room
      Space is limited to 24 maximum