Re: [John Muir Trail] Tuolumne Re Supply Point

  • blissfulhiker
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
      The website said July 1 for the campground - ? We need to resupply at the store around July 8-9- so hope its open!

      Blissful

      http://www.blissfulhiking.blogspot.com

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Kim Fishburn <outhiking_55@...> wrote:

      > Did you read this somewhere?
      >

      > Probably by Sept 23 when everything else closes up there. T
      > By the way, TM isn't opening til really late this year, like mid July or
      > later,due to high snow year.
      >
      > Barbara

    • Peter Burke
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
        On 3/1/2011 8:54 AM, blissfulhiker wrote:
        > The website said July 1 for the campground - ? We need to resupply at the store around July 8-9- so hope its open!
        >
        > Blissful

        If you have a car and can drive up to TM before the hike, do what we did
        the last years: stash your supplies in one of the bear lockers at the
        bottom of the long term parking lot at the TM ranger station. In 2009,
        we had a box with imported wine in there for 3+ weeks (gift from a pair
        of hikers we helped out with resupply preparation), and it was still
        there when we got back. Obviously, there is a risk, but in return, the
        lockers don't have opening hours - you can get to your supplies whenever
        you get there.

        Peter