gloves, gaiters in July?

  • sfpinnj
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27 7:02 PM
      I'm planning to hike Edison - Whitney starting in mid-July.
      (a) what is your all's recommendation on lightweight gloves (for
      warmth cooking dinner)
      (b) what is your recommendation on gaiters? On the East coast, I've
      usually foregone the rainpants (which I really don't like) and worn
      gaiters on rainy days instead. I do have long underwear for really
      cold legs on dry days...

      Thank you for input!

      SFPinNJ
    • thomas taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28 8:32 AM
        I pack wool inserts that you can get at military
        surplus stores for $5. They're lightweight, pack easy
        (like carrying a handkerchef)and do not restrict hand
        and finger usage.

        --- sfpinnj <fairbairn.powers@...> wrote:

        > I'm planning to hike Edison - Whitney starting in
        > mid-July.
        > (a) what is your all's recommendation on lightweight
        > gloves (for
        > warmth cooking dinner)
        > (b) what is your recommendation on gaiters? On the
        > East coast, I've
        > usually foregone the rainpants (which I really don't
        > like) and worn
        > gaiters on rainy days instead. I do have long
        > underwear for really
        > cold legs on dry days...
        >
        > Thank you for input!
        >
        > SFPinNJ