Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Dumb walk-up permit questions

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2011
      I have never heard the rule you can't wait in line until 6 am.  I've waited overnight too twice in the last two years, and talked to rangers throughout the night who walked by, their only concern is that you do not sleep while waiting in line (that is a big no no).  You can relax but don't look like you're sleeping.  They would not like seeing you laying down in a sleeping bag for sure.  Bring an ipod nano and listen to a good audiobook while waiting.