Additional Snow Course dates in April??

  • ned@mountaineducation.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2011
      Our April 15th Snow Skills Training Course has been overwhelmed the last few days (there are still a few spots open).

      Based on the past, two Courses in April is usually enough for most thru hikers to get their training and then hit the trail, but not this year. So, we need to know if anyone would be interested in attending Courses if they were offered on the weekends of

      April 8, 9, 10
      April 22, 23, 24

      (Remember, the Kickoff is April 29, 30, and May 1st)

      What most thrus do is to drive or fly to Tahoe, take the Course, then carpool south to the border with fellow Course-mates and start their thru hike.

      We need to hear soon as there is a prominent, very much loved, and very giving Trail Angel who would like to take the Course prior to her own thru hike (think Idyllwild) on the weekend of April 22, but we need more bodies to make the trip a "go."

      "Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

      Ned Tibbits, Director
      Mountain Education
      1106A Ski Run Blvd