Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: ULA Catalyst and capacity

  • jmaddog1082@charter.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 23, 2011
      Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I think the Bearikade Weekender will be a safe purchase when combined with my Atmos 50.

      From: jmaddog1082@...
      Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:34:05 -0500 (EST)
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: ULA Catalyst and capacity

       It seems like everyone has covered the ULA line of packs and how they accept or don't accept certain bear cannisters.  However, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Osprey Atmos 50 and how well it might swallow a Bearikade Weekender?  Horizontal, Vertical, or not at all?

      I realize that the Atmos has that awkward, crescent-shape main compartment, but I've minimized the curvature of the bowed frames by drawing them very close together with a nylon zip tie.  This slightly reduces the air flow space mid-back, but significatnly opens up the interior of the main compartment by reducing the amount of bow.

      I'm considering a Bearikade purchase, but I was hoping to gain some info before I placed the order.

      Thanks,

      On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Stuart Dodson wrote:

         I used the Circuit on th JMT and on the AT great bag ,The Garcia barrel fits horizintally at the top.I carried between 22and 28lb depending where I was on the trail regarding food.

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 23, 2011

        From: jmaddog1082@...
        Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:34:05 -0500 (EST)