Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Most Remote Portion of the JMT?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2011
      Depending on your speed at the most remote parts of the JMT, I'd say you are 1-2 days away from an exit point (a real trailhead where cars can be parked there).

      The Bishop Pass Junction at LeConte Canyon Ranger Station, for me, would be about 1.5 days to the trailhead after going up and over Bishop Pass, but that's only based upon verbal awareness, I have not done an exit at that point.  As you walk past the Taboose Pass junction,  you're about 6-8 hours away to the Taboose Pass trailhead.  You'd want a cell phone to reach a shuttle service at those trailheads.  The Taboose Pass TH is in a desert situation and miles from the actual town and not a popular trailhead.

      The crib sheet of vital information to carry on the JMT which if printed duplex manner, fits on one page, It's in the file library

      Roleigh