Re: [John Muir Trail] Digest Number 254

  • Debbie Pomerantz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      Thought you might find this amusing!

      On 25 Mar 2006 13:16:24 -0000, johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com <
      johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > There are 3 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: anybody hiking this year?
      > From: "Bob" <rrichey@...>
      > 2. Re: anybody hiking this year?
      > From: Jim Martin <anasazipottery@...>
      > 3. Re: anybody hiking this year?
      > From: "tubirrb" <wandering_bob@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:05:49 -0000
      > From: "Bob" <rrichey@...>
      > Subject: Re: anybody hiking this year?
      >
      > Sounds like a good idea. It's definitely a great site.
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Alt <altjt@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > You should post this question on the forum at
      > http://trailjournals.com
      > > They have a discussion page for the JMT that hits a wide
      > audience. Best!
      > >
      > > Jeff
      > >
      > > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:42:15 -0000 "Bob" <rrichey@...> writes:
      > > Is anybody planning on thru-hiking the JMT this year? I've got my
      > > permit to start from Happy Isles on August 18. I'm planning on 15-
      > 16
      > > hiking days plus a layover at VVR. - Bob R
      > >

      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >
      > > Visit your group "johnmuirtrail" on the web.

      > Service.

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:58:20 -0800 (PST)
      > From: Jim Martin <anasazipottery@...>
      > Subject: Re: anybody hiking this year?
      >
      > Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook up
      > with me for a south-bound hike late this summer? Must
      > be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you are
      > hot.
      >
      > I will pay all expenses.
      >
      > Jim

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 05:34:19 -0000
      > From: "tubirrb" <wandering_bob@...>
      > Subject: Re: anybody hiking this year?
      >
      > Jim:
      >
      > Ah yes, the classic collegiate "roommate with benefits" concept. Did
      > you really intend to give everyone this impression of your
      > character, or are you simply trolling?
      >
      > If you're serious, allow me to suggest that you check the Yellow
      > Pages under "Escort Services". You'll have far better luck there.
      >
      > FYI, long distance hiking, with all the physical and mental strains
      > that it entails, can have a rather dampening effect upon the libido.
      > After a few 20+ mile days, you'll find that the body has established
      > different priorities for its remaining energy levels than perhaps
      > what you would like to do.
      >

      > Wandering Bob
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jim Martin
      > <anasazipottery@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook up
      > > with me for a south-bound hike late this summer? Must
      > > be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you are
      > > hot.
      > >
      > > I will pay all expenses.
      > >
      > > Jim

      "Wonderful how completely everything in wild nature fits into us, as
      if truly part and parent of us. The sun shines not on us but in us.
      The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling,
      vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making
      them glide and sing. The trees wave and the flowers bloom in our
      bodies as well as our souls, and every bird song, wind song, and
      tremendous storm song of the rocks in the heart of the mountains is
      our song, our very own, and sings our love." JM

      Debbie