Re: car shuttle for southbound trip

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hey. I've been working on my wife to follow me to Lone Pine so I
      could drop off my car and have her schlep me to Yosemite.
      Negotiations continue with the same level of success as the Israelis
      and Palestinians, so I'm going to Plan B. That would be to drive
      from where I live in SLO to Yosemite, then try to find a ride back
      to my car from WP after completing the hike. After staring at the
      CREST schedule for some time, I'm still not sure if I could take it
      from Lone Pine to Mammoth so I could pick up the YARTS back to
      Yosemite Valley. Maybe I'll see you on the trail. I'm planning on
      finishing around Labor Day. Good luck with your hike!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "raoul" <rkraus1@...> wrote:

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <rrichey@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am interested in arranging a car shuttle for a southbound thru
      > hike
      > > of the JMT starting in late July or early August. I'm planning
      on
      > 13-
      > > 16 miles a day with a zero day at VVR. I've section hiked
      before
      > 2000-
      > > 2002. Happy Trails, Bob R
      > >

      > Hi Bob! I too am planning to hike the JMT in August. No. to
      So.