Re: [John Muir Trail] Success!

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 1, 2011
      Congratulations!

       Barbara

      On Feb 1, 2011, at 11:05 AM, "vege_matic" <vege_matic@...> wrote:

      We got Happy Isles -> LYV for 19 July! Our first choice was HI -> Pass through but we are not disappointed. Now to book travel from the east coast...

      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 6, 2012
        I believe it was 2011 when they started the lottery process and I know it was not first come first serve.  My fax was in 1 minute after midnight and all my 3 choices were rejected.  I called and they said all faxes submitted after closing and received before opening are put into a lottery pool.  That lottery pool comes before additional reservations are sent in though.
        Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
        _

        On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM, charliepolecat <kennethjessett@...> wrote:

        In answer to another comment off-line, although the permit process says the selction process is the result of a lottery, I suspect it may actually be first come first served. I wonder if anyone has been in the permit office and seen what the actual process is.