Re: [John Muir Trail] Mt Whitney Lottery

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
      I don't know this for sure, but if they draw your application for a party of 15 at a time when they only have a remaining trailhead quota of 14, because earlier-drawn applications had used the other spots, then they'd pass on your application and draw someone else's until they found a group of 14 or less.  Etc.

      But there are people who understand the Whitney lottery way better than I do

      Can neither confirm or deny on the rest of your posting.

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:47 PM, eddie <ed_rodriguez52@...> wrote:

      Help me see if I understand this lottery correctly. Tomorrow Feb 1st is when I can mail in my application. From what I read on Feb 16 is when they randomly drawn applications and if I mail in my application after Feb 16 it going into a day by day pool. Now its your application they draw so it does not matter if am going solo or in a group of 15. The only time when the group size matter in your application is on the day you start and quota for that day.