Re: [John Muir Trail] anybody hiking this year?

  • Jeff Alt
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2006
      You should post this question on the forum at http://trailjournals.com
      They have a discussion page for the JMT that hits a wide audience. Best!

      Jeff

      On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:42:15 -0000 "Bob" <rrichey@...> writes:
      Is anybody planning on thru-hiking the JMT this year? I've got my
      permit to start from Happy Isles on August 18. I'm planning on 15-16
      hiking days plus a layover at VVR. - Bob R

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 24, 2006
        Sounds like a good idea. It's definitely a great site.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Alt <altjt@...> wrote:

        > You should post this question on the forum at
        http://trailjournals.com
        > They have a discussion page for the JMT that hits a wide
        audience. Best!

        > Jeff
        >
        > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:42:15 -0000 "Bob" <rrichey@...> writes:
        > Is anybody planning on thru-hiking the JMT this year? I've got my
        > permit to start from Happy Isles on August 18. I'm planning on 15-
        16
        > hiking days plus a layover at VVR. - Bob R
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "johnmuirtrail" on the web.

        Service.

      • Jim Martin
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 24, 2006
          Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook up
          with me for a south-bound hike late this summer? Must
          be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you are
          hot.

          I will pay all expenses.

          Jim

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • tubirrb
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 24, 2006
            Jim:

            Ah yes, the classic collegiate "roommate with benefits" concept. Did
            you really intend to give everyone this impression of your
            character, or are you simply trolling?

            If you're serious, allow me to suggest that you check the Yellow
            Pages under "Escort Services". You'll have far better luck there.

            FYI, long distance hiking, with all the physical and mental strains
            that it entails, can have a rather dampening effect upon the libido.
            After a few 20+ mile days, you'll find that the body has established
            different priorities for its remaining energy levels than perhaps
            what you would like to do.

            Wandering Bob

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jim Martin
            <anasazipottery@...> wrote:

            > Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook up
            > with me for a south-bound hike late this summer? Must
            > be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you are
            > hot.
            >
            > I will pay all expenses.
            >
            > Jim
          • Jim Martin
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25, 2006
              Hi Bob...........

              My email was inspired by my trip on the JMT three
              years ago with a friend of mine. We joked all along
              the way about doing a video that would make us
              rich.......... "Girls of the JMT" Has a nice ring to
              it, don't you think?

              Anyway we had a lot of fun dreaming of a
              get-rich-quick scheme that would enable us laugh our
              lives away hiking.

              Jim

              --- tubirrb <wandering_bob@...> wrote:

              > Jim:
              >
              > Ah yes, the classic collegiate "roommate with
              > benefits" concept. Did
              > you really intend to give everyone this impression
              > of your
              > character, or are you simply trolling?
              >
              > If you're serious, allow me to suggest that you
              > check the Yellow
              > Pages under "Escort Services". You'll have far
              > better luck there.
              >
              > FYI, long distance hiking, with all the physical and
              > mental strains
              > that it entails, can have a rather dampening effect
              > upon the libido.
              > After a few 20+ mile days, you'll find that the body
              > has established
              > different priorities for its remaining energy levels
              > than perhaps
              > what you would like to do.
              >

              > Wandering Bob
              >

              > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jim Martin
              > <anasazipottery@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook
              > up
              > > with me for a south-bound hike late this summer?
              > Must
              > > be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you
              > are
              > > hot.
              > >
              > > I will pay all expenses.
              > >
              > > Jim

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Vera Hurst
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 28, 2006
                WAY TO GO BOB!!! :) nice way to explain the gut wrenching, achy muscled, dead tired feeling that your sweaty stinky hairy body has as it flops itself into the tent at nite and immediately proceedeth to snore...:)

                I am hot but mature enuf to know that you have to HAVE a good to great relationship before you start a hike as a couple if you even want half a chance to end the hike with a relationship....

                oh but I guess a good relationship is not really what you're after is it...

                apologies all for the late posting I was out on the farm this weekend...

                the missing kink/vera

                <anasazipottery@...> wrote:

                > Is there any hot chicks out there wanting to hook up
                > with me for a south-bound hike late this summer? Must
                > be un-attached. Age is no barrier as long as you are
                > hot.
                >
                > I will pay all expenses.
                >
                > Jim

                High sierra sport High sierras

              • tubirrb
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 28, 2006
                  Vera:

                  It's also known as the "don't let your libido write checks your body
                  can't cash" syndrome.

                  "Hot" has an entirely different meaning on the trail than off. Every
                  woman I've ever met on the trail or hiked with - including my wife
                  of 34 years - qualified as a "hot hiker-babe" - and smelled like it
                  too. Or I suppose she did; my nose I really couldn't tell the
                  difference between me and her. Long distance hiking - the great
                  gender equalizer! True - you can hardly wait to get into the tent
                  together, but it's sleep you're after, not sex. That's what zero
                  days are for. Tomorrow you're facing another 3000 foot elevation
                  gain and 22 miles before you sleep again.

                  You are correct about the need for a secure (and hopefully strong)
                  relationship between the two parties before a couple goes hiking.
                  Some couples actually spend their honeymoon doing this. Others start
                  out together only to split forever part-way through when the daily
                  grind rubs both sets of nerves raw and frustration begs for an
                  outlet. There are even a couple of books written by through-hiking
                  couples.The most recent is....(quoted from the PCTA store website at
                  https://www.orderz.com/pcta/productdetail.asp?
                  action=showdetail&cat=155&item=29136&part=PCTA-41

                  "A BLISTERED KIND OF LOVE, One Couple's Trial by Trail

                  Winner of The Mountaineers Books' "Barbara Savage Memorial Award"
                  this engaging trail narrative chronicles a young couple's clumsy
                  adventures on the PCT. Written in alternating voices and with a
                  blend of humor, adventure, practical advise, and introspection, the
                  story ultimately delivers something more - - a (blistered kind of)
                  love story. By Angela and Duffy Ballard (2003)."

                  Well worth the read. Another example - Jim and Jenny Owens have a
                  great website http://www.spiriteaglehome.com covering the thousands
                  of miles they've done as a couple on the many long trails.

                  Regards,

                  Wandering Bob
                • Vera Hurst