Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT Show?

  • Jeff Alt
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9 4:37 PM
      Here is my schedule of presentations. I'm scheduled to present in the
      Berkeley store which is as close to San Francisco as I will be.

      April 20th, 2006
      Reno, NA, 7pm, REI clinic, 2225 Harvard Way, 775-828-9090: Jeff Alt will
      present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open to the
      public.

      April 19th, 2006
      Sacramento, CA area, 7pm, location to be announced in March: Jeff Alt
      will present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open to the
      public.

      April 18th, 2006
      Berkeley, CA, 7pm, REI clinic, 1338 San Pablo Ave. 510-527-1617: Jeff Alt
      will present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open to the
      public.

      April 17th, 2006
      Fresno, CA, 6-8pm, Barnes & Noble, 7849 N. Blackstone 559-437-0484.

      On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:25:05 -0000 "Paulo" <ppereira007@...>
      writes:
      will you be stopping at the rei, san francisco store?

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Alt <altjt@...> wrote:

      > I'm going to show slides and share stories from my JMT hike as discuss
      > logistics, planning, food, training etc.
      >
      > On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:18:06 -0800 (PST) Thomas Pender
      > <azgeo31479@...> writes:
      > what sort of show is this? are you giving a talk/ slideshow?
      >
      > Jeff Alt <altjt@...> wrote: JMT hikers: Mark your calenders if
      > yout interested in attending my JMT
      > show. See below for locations and details.
      > April 20th, 2006
      > Reno, NA, 7pm, REI clinic, 2225 Harvard Way, 775-828-9090: Jeff Alt
      will
      > present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open to the
      > public.
      >
      > April 19th, 2006
      > Sacramento, CA area, 7pm, location to be announced in March: Jeff Alt
      > will present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open
      to the
      > public.
      >
      > April 18th, 2006
      > Berkeley, CA, 7pm, REI clinic, 1338 San Pablo Ave. 510-527-1617:
      Jeff Alt
      > will present his multi-media "John Muir Trail Show" Free and open
      to the
      > public.

      > April 17th, 2006
      > Fresno, CA, 6-8pm, Barnes & Noble, 7849 N. Blackstone 559-437-0484.
      >
      > On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:11:57 -0000 "Frank Martin" <sriprank@...>
      > writes:
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Will Schmidt"
      > <willjschmidt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm trying to plan a trip to do the northern portion of the JMT,
      > > starting in Happy Isles. Of course, the permits are all gone for
      late
      > > July/early August which is when I would like to start the trip. Is
      > > there a good alternate trailhead in Yosemite that I can use to get a
      > > permit that will still get me onto the JMT?
      >

      > Snow Creek Trail out of Mirrow Lake Yosemite Valley.
      >
      > Not so crowded, a tough trail but worth it. It heads up toward tenaya
      > lake but you can bypass over to TM and pick up the JMT.
      >
      > Also they reserve a lot of permits and issue them at about 12:00 the
      > day before. So even thought the reserved permits are all gone you can
      > still go the day before and sometimes get a permit. With any
      > Wilderness Permit you can spend the night at the Backpackers
      Campground.

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > Visit your group "johnmuirtrail" on the web.

      > High sierra sport High sierras

      Service.