RE: [John Muir Trail] Re:

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2011
      Wood,

      I just got back from three days in yosemite. great when no one is there. We did a two night ski up to glacier point, which is usually swarming with a million people, but we had it to ourselves.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/108231793622850498292/2011YosemiteGlacierPoint?authkey=Gv1sRgCM27uJL5l9DjBQ&feat=email#

      I'm the one on the ancient Telemark skis . . . BUT ANYWAY, yeah, I've parked in the happy isles long term parking spot a few times and never had a problem getting in. when you drive up to it, there is a sign, or a few signs . . . one says, "NO ENTRY" or something like that, or "lot full". . . I'd just drive in as most of the cars in there are not LONG TERM.

      Just leave a note on your dash––"JMT"

      Bob

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: weframpton@...
      Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:31:45 -0800
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re:

      Thanks for the response. I thought there might be too little parking available in Yosemite . I will probably just drive and park near the Happy Isles trailhead.

      Wood Frampton

      From: weframpton@...
      Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:51:36 -0800
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re:

      I am planning to drive to Merced and then ride the YARTS bus into Yosemite Valley. I see there are several places in Merced to catch the bus. Since I am planning to leave my car there, which place in Merced would be the best, most secure and safeplace  to leave my car for 3 weeks?

      Wood Frampton