Re: [John Muir Trail] Rideshare?

  • aph_wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011
      Ha! Yes well to cut a long story short we do own two vehicles, it's just that one is a motorbike. So we drove in convoy from the Bay Area out to Whitney portal, myself in our truck and my husband on the bike, then left the truck and I hopped on the back of the bike back to Yosemite, where we left said bike and hiked off.

      Doesn't sound too bad except for the fact that more than about three hours on this bike becomes somewhat of a trial to the hindquarters, and it was a wee bit like riding in an oven for the desert section! Actually a lot like riding in an oven. And we didn't get to Yosemite until about 10pm, by which point my husband was about set to expire from exhaustion. So, this time we're taking the civilized option!!