Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: more ride info needed

  • Pukkmann@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      In a message dated 3/2/2006 6:14:08 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      sriprank@... writes:

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Pukkmann@... wrote:

      > Hi group...was wondering if someone would know of someone in the
      Bishop area
      > who could meet us at the Onion Valley Trailhead ( where we are
      coming out ),
      > and take us up to the North Lake Trailhead where we are starting out
      later
      > in August? There will be two of us and of course we will be happy to
      pay for
      > this. Any suggestions or contacts would be great. Thanks, Doug (
      > _pukkmann@..._ (mailto:pukkmann@...) )

      I don't know anyone who provides those services specifically. One
      option is the bus from Independence to Bishop. I've head a lot of
      horror stories about people contracting for shuttles services and the
      rides never showing up.

      Getting a ride from Onion Valley to Independence is not that difficult.

      the bus times are here

      http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/bishop_lonepine.htm

      From there it is a pretty busy road to N. Lake trailhead although the
      trailhead itself is a good distance from the road.

      WOW...thank you so much!!!