Itinerary for Roper's HR - Summer 2006

  • Prapanna Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2006
      Frank,

      Here's an itinerary I put together for a possible hike this summer.
      The idea is leave cars at
      Bear Diversion Dam or Lake Edison on the 23rd or 24th, and then
      somehow get to the Cedar
      Grove Trailhead by mid-afternoon of the 25th. A mid day start will
      be OK for getting to Lower
      Tent Meadow, and make for a relatively easy first two days with a
      full pack. Then it's a pretty
      much an intense x-country trek from there. If the snow is not too
      bad it should be doable.
      However, crampons and maybe an ice ax will be good to have along at
      this early time in the
      season. With this schedule we reach VVR in time for it's weekly BBQ
      with Live Music on
      Saturday, July 8. That would be a great way to end the hike!!

      Day Date Destination
      Cedar Grove
      1 - Sun 6/25 Lower Tent Meadow
      2 - Mon 6/26 Grouse Lake
      3 - Tues 6/27 State Lakes
      4 - Wed 6/28 Marion Lake
      5 - Thur 6/29 Layover (Lake Basin)
      6 - Fri 6/30 Palisade Lake
      7 - Sat 7/1 Dusy Basin
      8 - Sun 7/2 Upper La Conte Canyon
      9 - Mon 7/3 Evolution Lake
      10 - Tues 7/4 Lake at 11,106 (Excellent Fishing)
      11 - Wed 7/5 Mesa Lake
      12 - Thur 7/6 Merriam Lake
      13 - Fri 7/7 Teddy Bear Lake/Lake Italy
      14 - Sat 7/8 Lake Edison/Bear Diversion Dam
      (Barbeque at VVR)

      Prapanna

      P.S. If there are any JMT hikers who would like to consider this
      trek please feel free to write
      to me. A good, strong party of 3-5 experienced people could be a
      good team for this one.