Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT 2007 (or 2006)

  • Prapanna Smith
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 12, 2006
      Greetings to All,

      The CDEC has come out with the February Snow Survey Bulletin 120
      (the first of four annual reports) on the amount of snow and
      precipitation in California. It looks like this year has been below
      average in a lot of the higher country, and significantly lower than
      last year. It is shaping up to be much warmer than last year too, as
      evidenced by the increase in runoff over last year at this time. If
      the trend continues we can expect a lot of water early in the hiking
      season, but less snow than we had last year. Overall, if this
      situation holds up, it could be an awesome summer in the High Sierras.

      You can download the Snow Survey at:

      http://cdec.water.ca.gov/snow/bulletin120/

      You can also get the reports going back several years.

      Enjoy!

      Prapanna
    • summerton south homeowners association
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 19, 2016
        Thank you for your comments.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

        On Saturday, March 19, 2016, 6:33 PM, 'D.N.' douglasnoyes@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        We began last year on 21June from HI with absolutely no problem, no snow the entire way!!!  Water crossings no problems either.  Now...less snow last year, so take the difference from the two, compare with what the experts here are saying based on their previous experiences and enjoy the journey. Assume some of the water crossings will be higher, but since the weather lately has been pretty chill with these high pressure systems...who knows. :-)

        On Mar 19, 2016 2:12 PM, "summerton south homeowners association summertonsouth@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Have a reversation to begin JMT on June 29th. Concerned about this year's snow pack with having trail and passes for the most part being free of snow. Starting at TM to Whitney. Does anyone have the same entry date? Or will the snow pack force hikers to get later entry date.

        Appreciate any input.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone