Slideshow - Kearsarge to Whitney (late Sept)

  • rpuentes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi folks,

      This year we had the opportunity to share our annual Sierra vacation with a couple of our nephews, ages 12 & 14. Of course, they wanted to do Whitney, and with only a week to hike; that meant jumping straight into the deep end of the pool (neither had ever been up high before). Still, they did fine, and we all had a great hike - I think we learned more from them than they from us.

      If anyone wants to watch the 12-minute slideshow, it's at:
      http://www.photodex.com/share/rpuentes/aag49mg4 It's in Photodex Proshow format, which only runs on Windows platforms - sorry, Mac users. If you haven't viewed a proshow recently, it'll ask to install a 2MB Presenter module, but that's all a pretty automated process. There's the usual options for pause, rewind, FF, Full Screen, etc; both at the bottom of the screen and in the right-click menu. Make sure you've got sound available - the music adds a lot to the show.

      I'll add this: it was our first trip over Kearsarge, and it was both an easy and beautiful way to get into the Sierra's. Only disappointment was that it was too late in the season to see any bears or rattlers on the crossing. Guess we'll have to try it again a little earlier.

      Bob & Coleen
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011

        Beautiful – thanks so much - Barbara

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2011
          Thanks so much, Barbara and Amanda for your kind words - we've fallen deeply in love with the Sierra, and it was a real joy this year to share it with these two nephews. We're so envious of those of you fortunate enough to live in this Eden. Now if I can just talk Coleen into an early-season hike for some good snow pix!!

          Bob & Coleen