Where to request permit to start from Red's Meadows?

  • Patronio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hello Group:
      I am planning to begin my JMT hike this year from Red's Meadows. Can you someone tell me what agency do I have to request the permit from? also its' phone number? Thank you.
      Julio

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
        http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPwhQoY6BdkOyoCAPkATlA!/?ss=110504&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=FSE_003756&navid=160100000000000&pnavid=160000000000000&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&ttype=main&pname=Inyo%2520National%2520Forest-%2520Recreation%2520Passes%2520&%2520Permits

        Inyo National Forest Recreation Passes & Permits home page

        On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        Hello Group:
        I am planning to begin my JMT hike this year from Red's Meadows. Can you someone tell me what agency do I have to request the permit from? also its' phone number? Thank you.
        Julio

      • Don Amundson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
          You'll want a permit for trail code A15 JM Trail South—starting at Devils Postpile
          For further info including the permit office address/phone etc. see below.

          https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5143453.pdf

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
          From: Patronio@...
          Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:58:21 -0500