Re: [John Muir Trail] Ahwahnee

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 29, 2010
      Yep, we stayed in one of the "cottages" that are out the back.  Gorgeous views, dogwoods, no crowds. I love hanging out in the bar there.

       Barbara

      On Dec 29, 2010, at 7:31 PM, Don Amundson <amrowinc@...> wrote:

      Barbara,

      Were you at the Ahwahnee for Christmas?
      I know for sure they allowed hikers in 2009, both in the great room and dining room.  I had dinner there with Lucky Dog and Mr Clean the night before hitting starting the JMT.  Of course we were all clean, fresh smelling and wearing our finest hiking apparel so we managed to be seated with only a few withering glances from our fellow diners. I would highly recommend the experience to all as a fitting send off if you have time before your hike. Reservations are a must.

      From: barbara@...
      Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:46:12 -0800
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Ahwahnee [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Barbara Karagosian included below] The "great room" in the Ahwahnee. I think they allow backpacks in there!
      Barbara

      Attachment(s) from Barbara Karagosian

      1 of 1 File(s)