A winter book

  • Amanda L Silvestri
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2010
      Hi John

      I was just reading about all the snow and thought that you and Ned Tibbits could get togeather and do a book oabout the JMT in winter.  I know that it would be butiful!  I also know that it would be hard work
    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 27, 2010
        Hi Amanda

        I was a little disappointed that the publisher didn't select any of my true winter work for the book. The rational was that readers wouldn't relate. I thought maybe one or two would have been nice as I know many people wonder what it is like along the trail in winter.

        JD
        www.johndittli.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 27, 2010
          Here's a link to some winter photos from the JMT at Bighorn Plateau. http://johnmuirtrail.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/bighorn-plateau-in-february/

          JD
          www.johndittli.com

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Amanda L Silvestri <aslive@...> wrote:

          > Hi John
          >
          > I was just reading about all the snow and thought that you and Ned Tibbits could get togeather and do a book oabout the JMT in winter.  I know that it would be butiful!  I also know that it would be hard work

        • Barbara Karagosian
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 27, 2010
            Beautiful. Thanks John.

             Barbara

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2010
              John

              Burrr! That looks cold, lonely and just beautiful, quite different from how I saw it during the summer. Hiking up there in snowshoes must have been exhausting.

              Amanda
            • ned@mountaineducation.org
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 31, 2010
                Hey Amanda!

                I mentioned the idea to a few members of this group back in May just before we started our research trip from KM to the MTR. It's in the "works!"

                "Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

                Ned Tibbits, Director
                Mountain Education
                1106A Ski Run Blvd