Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT 2007 (or 2006)

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 5, 2006
      I met the Big Sky guy at Trail Days in VA last year I think....his stuff looked cool....I think it was the same guy anyone know his name?
      I worked as mgr of cool gear store last year and was interested in selling his stuff in the store...if its the same guy...:)

      I've seen the 6 moons stuff its cool ...expensive but cool...

      vera

      Bob Bankhead <wandering_bob@...> wrote:
      Paul:

      check out these light-weight tents

      36 oz freestanding http://www.bigskyproducts.com/SummitShelters/SummitEvolution1Pdetails.htm

      30 oz freestanding http://www.tarptent.com/rainbow.html

      for 2 http://www.tarptent.com/squall2.html

      for 1 http://www.tarptent.com/virga2.html

      for 1 http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=36

      to get any lighter, you have to go to tarps.

      http://www.gossamergear.com/

      http://www.gossamergear.com/

      Wandering Bob

      High sierra sport High sierras John muir trail

    • summerton south homeowners association
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 19, 2016
        Thank you for your comments.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

        On Saturday, March 19, 2016, 6:33 PM, 'D.N.' douglasnoyes@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        We began last year on 21June from HI with absolutely no problem, no snow the entire way!!!  Water crossings no problems either.  Now...less snow last year, so take the difference from the two, compare with what the experts here are saying based on their previous experiences and enjoy the journey. Assume some of the water crossings will be higher, but since the weather lately has been pretty chill with these high pressure systems...who knows. :-)

        On Mar 19, 2016 2:12 PM, "summerton south homeowners association summertonsouth@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Have a reversation to begin JMT on June 29th. Concerned about this year's snow pack with having trail and passes for the most part being free of snow. Starting at TM to Whitney. Does anyone have the same entry date? Or will the snow pack force hikers to get later entry date.

        Appreciate any input.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone