Off-topic: book re the AT

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2010
      We probably don't want to clutter everyone's inbox with multiple
      off-topic responses, but if people have recommendations of good
      beginner books on the Appalachian Trail, I'd love it if they'd send me
      suggestions off-board at JohnLadfd@...

      It's for a woman friend age 60 who has not hiked much before trying to
      decide whether to join a friend section hiking the AT in the TN/NC
      (Great Smoky Mtns) just north of the start of the trial. I've already
      told her about Bill Bryson's Walk in the Woods and told her to not
      take it too seriously, and told her about the AT Conservancy's maps
      and databook.