Re: [John Muir Trail] Spot 2 Recall for select serial numbers

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
      I have to wait for this weekend to find out.

      On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      Thanks Roleigh. I'll check mine. Did your unit fall into the serial numbers listed?

      Cheers, Barbara

      On Dec 10, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      I had problems with my Spot 2 on the JMT hike this year -- 2 days, it would not function at all, then the 3rd day on, it did operate.

      I just stumbled across this today:

      http://www.findmespot.com/exchange/

      Update: September 27, 2010

      SPOT LLC is conducting a product return on SPOT Satellite GPS Messengers (SPOT 2) with an ESN number equal to or between 0-8000000 and 0-8053925. During continuous testing, we discovered that some of these SPOT 2 devices may not meet battery and messaging operating specifications. SPOT LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best performance products to our customers.

      If your SPOT 2 unit falls within this range, it will need to be returned for replacement. Please complete the Product Return Form below as soon as possible, as the affected SPOT Messenger unit may not function according to specifications.

      The Exchange Process

      Save any messenger data that you want to keep by reading these instructions on saving your data. SPOT LLC is not responsible for any data loss.

      You must complete the Product Return Form below.

      Upon submission of the Product Return Form, you will be forwarded shipping material to return your SPOT 2 device.

      When using the SPOT supplied materials, postage will be paid for by SPOT LLC.

      Ship only your SPOT 2 device and remove the batteries prior to shipping.

      Once your unit has been received, you will be sent a replacement SPOT 2 device.

      Important notes:

      This does not affect SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker (SPOT 1) nor is it an upgrade program to transition from SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker (SPOT 1) to the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger (SPOT 2).

      Product Return Form
      For more questions
      Please call toll-free 1 (866) 727-7733
      Email: SPOTexchange@...
      Thank you for being a SPOT customer. We appreciate your cooperation. Spot LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best performance products to our customers.

      SPOT RETURN PROGRAM TERMS

      Product Return : You must complete the registration at www.findmespot.com/exchange and follow SPOT Return Program Guidelines. Unfortunately, we cannot transfer geo-location information from ESN# to ESN#. Spot LLC is not responsible for any data loss. Once you complete the registration, you will be forwarded shipping material. You will be sent a replacement SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger (SPOT 2) (repaired and or in new or like new condition) as soon as one is available. Spot LLC has chosen to self insure the shipment of your messenger, and will assume the risk of loss for any messengers lost during shipment. Please call 1 (866) 727-7733 if you have questions.