Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT

  • Paul England
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hi Paul - I did the entire JMT (from north to south) late last summer - for my first time. It was everything I hoped it would be. I would love to do it again, but my wife has other plans for me and I was just laid off from work. But I'm sure you can find a partner. If not, just go on your own and you will meet someone. My friend and I hiked the last six days with three other hikers and gave them rides to their cars. The trip was something I will always remember.

      Good luck.
      paul in Calif

      scout_hiker <scout_hiker@...> wrote:
      Hello fellow hikers/backpackers. I am looking for anyone doesn't
      matter how many (the more the merrier) who would like to hike the
      entire length of the JMT around the middle of July-2007. I know I'm
      asking early but I am anxious. I have never done a hike that long and
      would like to hike it with someone who's familair with it. I'm from
      North Dakotah and am going to hike the length of the Maah Daah Hey
      trail on Theodore Roosevelt National Park this summer it's about 96
      miles that would be my longest. Well hope all is well with everyone
      and I like this site. (Sly told me about it)

      Paul

      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 19, 2014
        It is a limit of 15 in Yosemite.
        http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/wildregs.htm

        On Friday, September 19, 2014, steve herr groundhogsteve@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        But isn't there a prohibition on groups joining up to exceed the group maximum limit - ie, they can't camp within X distance of each other, etc?

        --
        Sent from Gmail Ipad
        See my Google Profile for interesting research links: