Re: Half Dome

  • judy
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 9, 2010
      I started the JMT on Friday 30 July last summer and the permit system definitely made that part of the hike much more pleasant with far fewer people on the trail. Those there, in general, seemed much better prepared. Perhaps the permitting process provides an opportunity for some pre-trip education (a good thing) in addition to reducing the numbers on the cables. --Judy
    • rnperky@sbcglobal.net
      Message 34 of 34 , May 13 4:47 PM
        The best spot for easy access to tag Half Dome WITH access to water is the JMT/Clouds Rest Jct if you have to go past LYV backpackers campground. There are some really nice camping locations on the way up to Half Dome on the ridge before steep steeps, but they are DRY camping spots, so you'll need plenty of water.