Re: [John Muir Trail] Half Dome

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 8, 2010
      Interesting but predictable. I wonder if they'll expand permits now.

      Cheers, Barbara

      On Dec 8, 2010, at 5:40 AM, Kim Fishburn <outhiking_55@...> wrote:

      For those of you interested in doing Half Dome you might want to read this. It doesn't appear that the permit system they started this year has worked too  well.

      http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2010/12/study-says-half-dome-permit-system-yosemite-national-park-apparently-does-not-enhance-overall-hiker-7314

    • rnperky@sbcglobal.net
      Message 34 of 34 , May 13
        The best spot for easy access to tag Half Dome WITH access to water is the JMT/Clouds Rest Jct if you have to go past LYV backpackers campground. There are some really nice camping locations on the way up to Half Dome on the ridge before steep steeps, but they are DRY camping spots, so you'll need plenty of water.