Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Free JMT Trail Maps and Data Book

  • Todd Sharp
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 2, 2010
      I really like how the maps are set up in a 3-5mi section. Perfect for planning Morning/afternoon section for those on a approx 10mi a day schedule. Like ME.... Now, if I can only get out there.

    • rnperky@sbcglobal.net
      Message 34 of 34 , May 13 4:47 PM
        The best spot for easy access to tag Half Dome WITH access to water is the JMT/Clouds Rest Jct if you have to go past LYV backpackers campground. There are some really nice camping locations on the way up to Half Dome on the ridge before steep steeps, but they are DRY camping spots, so you'll need plenty of water.