JMT

  • scout_hiker
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hello fellow hikers/backpackers. I am looking for anyone doesn't
      matter how many (the more the merrier) who would like to hike the
      entire length of the JMT around the middle of July-2007. I know I'm
      asking early but I am anxious. I have never done a hike that long and
      would like to hike it with someone who's familair with it. I'm from
      North Dakotah and am going to hike the length of the Maah Daah Hey
      trail on Theodore Roosevelt National Park this summer it's about 96
      miles that would be my longest. Well hope all is well with everyone
      and I like this site. (Sly told me about it)

      Paul
    • summerton south homeowners association
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 19, 2016
        Thank you for your comments.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

        On Saturday, March 19, 2016, 6:33 PM, 'D.N.' douglasnoyes@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        We began last year on 21June from HI with absolutely no problem, no snow the entire way!!!  Water crossings no problems either.  Now...less snow last year, so take the difference from the two, compare with what the experts here are saying based on their previous experiences and enjoy the journey. Assume some of the water crossings will be higher, but since the weather lately has been pretty chill with these high pressure systems...who knows. :-)

        On Mar 19, 2016 2:12 PM, "summerton south homeowners association summertonsouth@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Have a reversation to begin JMT on June 29th. Concerned about this year's snow pack with having trail and passes for the most part being free of snow. Starting at TM to Whitney. Does anyone have the same entry date? Or will the snow pack force hikers to get later entry date.

        Appreciate any input.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone